Monday, August 21, 2017

neapolitan ice cream sundae inspired makeup look.


It just isn't summer without a cold ice cream cone. There has literally never been a time in my life when I have turned down a bowl of this delicious dessert. It is the ultimate sweet treat! Since the weather has been warm and muggy lately, there has been a fair amount of ice cream in my life. In fact, my husband and I recently picked up a tub of Neapolitan. The reason? We couldn't agree on a flavour. (I wanted chocolate and he wanted strawberry.) So, we met in the middle.

Somewhere along the line, I got it in my head that I should do an ice cream inspired look. To create it, I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette, because it had a shimmery white, deep brown, and a bright pink. It was the perfect palette for a vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry look. Then I used a light pink blush on the cheeks from Elf, a cherry red lipstick from Tarina Tarantino, and a shimmery highlight from Wet n Wild, to mimic the appearance of sprinkles and a cherry on top.

It was surprisingly simple to put together. And actually really fun, too. It forced me to play with colour in an unexpected way (which is a makeup goal of mine) and step out of my comfort zone. At least a little! So, here it is. This is my ice cream inspired look.....


This was definitely a fun look to create - and a great way to enjoy what is left of the summertime. Let me know what you thought of this ice cream sundae inspired look in the comment section below!

What have you been doing this summer?

xo Shannon

12 comments:

  1. Nice post https://bysinkj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is so much fun. What a way to celebrate summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful make up Dear:)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and very nice makeup!
    Have a nice day, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful look dear as always <3

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty look, Shannon. You look so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool way to celebrate summer, I love your makeup!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing, you have a lovely face :)
    http://wooho11.blogspot.com/ - i invite <3 follow me-will respond with

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely eye makeup as always <3


    xoxo
    ayu

    ReplyDelete