Monday, June 12, 2017

ohana means family.


By the time you are reading this, my vacation will already have begun. That's right! I am currently on a road trip with my immediate family members to celebrate my mom's birthday and my parent's wedding anniversary. This is very different for us. While we try to travel as often as possible, we never ever drive to our destination. It is always a flight from point a to point b. This time, it was decided that we were all going to take a road trip across the United States - making stops at Dollywood, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, and Disney World. As someone who loves theme parks (and themes in general) this is the ultimate getaway for me.

There are a few drawbacks to this totally-over-the-top trip, though. The main one? My husband is not joining us on the vacation. Getting that much time off at work was just not a possibility. Plus with me being away from my own job for two and a half weeks (oh yeah....this trip is two and a half weeks long), it just was not a possibility. I haven't been away from him for that long, ever. So, I'm a little worried about how it'll be. Not to mention the fact that I will be away from my job for a while. And my writing. I've tried to do as much as I can ahead of time....but it is still a little stressful.

Yes, there are some not so great aspects of this road trip. But I am super excited about the incredible things we will see, do, and experience. I'm thrilled to spend time with my family. To celebrate my mom's birthday. To share this magical summer vacation with people I love. Fingers crossed it will be amazing!

It will be a week and a half before another post goes up on the creation of beauty is art. So, in the meantime, be sure to check out my YouTube channel and Instagram. I will be posting there as often as possible. Thank you for all of the support....and I will talk to you all soon!

What do you have planned this summer? Will you do any travelling?

xo Shannon

5 comments:

  1. no travelling this summer :(
    my baby girl is still too little
    Nameless Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post! Thanks for sharing! 👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uau .. your holidays will be fantastic, I'm pretty sure ..

    I will be traveling to Italy this summer =)

    Beijinhos,
    Cláudia
    The Pink Book of Style | Instagram | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! Have a great time on your trip Shannon and enjoy your time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete