Saturday, January 28, 2017

FOTD featuring naked cosmetics


Hard to believe, but it is already the end of January. This month has been all over the place for me. There have been some great moments (like hanging out with my best friend, going to the movies with my husband, and catching up on everything post-holiday season) and some not-so-great moments (like being tired and sick). For the last little while, I have been feeling under the weather. I'd wake up exhausted and ill - and sleep most of the day away. It was not a great way to spend the first month of 2017.

During that period of feeling off and sick....I started to get a little restless. Since I didn't have enough energy to be productive (even though my to do list was full of tasks like cleaning, organizing, writing articles, and everything in between) I decided to do something fun. Just for me. So on a sleepy Saturday morning, I straightened my hair and played around with makeup. For no reason at all. Even though the remainder of the day would be spent in bed, I was desperate for a creative outlet. That brings me to this Face Of The Day post.

I started by with the skin (Cover Girl foundation, NYX Highlight and Contour palette, and Kat Von D concealer), then the brows (Maybelline brow pencil). Next up were the eyes, which I decided to have some fun with. Since one of my New Years Resolutions is to be more adventurous with makeup and colour....colour it was. I used the Naked Cosmetics set that I picked up at IMATS and applied a shimmery pink all over the lid (These can be applied dry or wet but I chose to apply them wet for an ultra pigmented pop). Then I worked a deep purple into the crease, blended with a fluffy brush, and added a shimmery champagne shade on the inner corner.

Next up was a little liquid eyeliner (Hard Candy Walk the Line in black) and mascara (Rimmel Rockin' Curves) to finish off this bold eye look. I used a little bronzer on the cheeks and topped it off with the Becca Jaclyn Hill Face Palette highlight. On the lips, I opted for an orange-nude shade (Kylie Cosmetics lip liner in Dolce K and a liquid lipstick from Jem and the Holograms by Sephora). Take a look at the completed Face Of The Day below.....


This makeup look was just what I needed to lift my spirits. Though I was still sick in bed afterwards....at least I spent a little time doing something fun. It improved my mood, if nothing else!

What do you think of this FOTD?

xo Shannon

5 comments:

  1. lovely:)
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing make up!! You look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how I felt the entire month of December girl, I can totally relate! SUch a wonderful idea to take some ultimate me-time, just for the joy of doing your hair & make-up. I agree that can make you feel so much better! Hope you'll feel more energized soon, and your make-up is absolutely smashing - as usual!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete