Sunday, July 10, 2016

celebrating five years of the creation of beauty is art.


5 years. It has been 5 years since this blog started. What an exciting milestone. It is one that seemed so far off and impossible when it all began. Honestly? I had little to no expectations going into this. When I decided to create a beauty blog of my own....it was out of a simple desire to express myself. I was a recent university graduate with no clue what would happen next. My writing career was in its infancy. So instead of waiting for someone else to publish me? I published myself. That is how the creation of beauty is art. came to be.

It became a long-term passion project. Whether things were going well in my life or I was struggling to find my footing....the blog was always there for me. There were always posts to write. Products to review. Memories to capture. Yes, this little piece of the Internet has seen me through a lot of things. Through changes, joys, and fears. Through ups and downs. Every so often, I like to pause and look back. To re-read old posts. Instantly, I am transported to another moment in time. It feels nice.

With that in mind? I wanted to share a few of the highlights from the last 5 years.

2011.
Introduction Post - the things I find beautiful. 
Audrey Hepburn Makeup Tutorial. 
Makeup Haul - buying makeup is my addiction. 

2012.
Scott MacIntyre Interview - LEAP OF FAITH. 
Review: Red Apple Lipstick
Interview - makeupbysaz. 

2013.
Interview - Meet "Quickie Chick" Laurel House.
Christian Louboutin Exhibit - high heels are pleasure with pain.
Birthday Gift - I've spent my life alone in a room with a typewriter.

2014. 
Beauty Face Off - stain off: benefit vs the balm.
Engagement Post - true love stories never have endings. 
Makeup Review - maybelline the nudes palette.

2015.
Starting a YouTube Channel - the creation of beauty is art. on YouTube!
Bare Minerals Review - Part One and Part Two.
Demi Lovato Inspired Makeup Look. 

There have definitely been some highlights. Some blogging moments that I am especially proud of. The thing that makes me happiest? Seeing the way this blog has changed over the years. The way it has grown and evolved. One this is certain....I am proud of the creation of beauty is art. 

Here is to looking back and looking forward.

xo Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy happy birthday to your blog!

    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your blog!
    Congrats!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your blog! :*
    Have a nice week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post!!!

    Would you like if we were to follow each other ? I would be happy . this is my link http://bysinkj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome, congrats on 5 years!! I just started mine in March of this year :P

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is nice!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, 5 years is no mean feat.

    www.iCynosure.in

    ReplyDelete