Friday, March 4, 2016

success is the only option. because i like expensive makeup.


It is difficult. Using what I already own instead of constantly buying more, more, and more. See....there is this blissful rush when you try out a new product. When you swatch, test, and create. I love that feeling. I miss that feeling. Lately I have been doing my best to buy less. This has been a struggle. The solution? At least for now? Shopping my stash. I've been digging through my makeup collection to unearth palettes and products that have not gotten enough use. They aren't new but they still manage to spark creativity. Which brings me to today's post.

This Stila eyeshadow palette has been on display since I moved. The sleek gold packaging took my breath away. I love how it adds glitz, glamour, and elegance to my makeup display. Then it dawned on me. This has been on display for ages....but it hasn't gotten a lot of use. That made it the perfect item for my shop my stash initiative. Over the last few weeks this has been used in many of my every day looks. Some casual and some a little more glam. Ready to check out the palette? This is the Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette. 


As you can see, there are a number of different shades in here. Soft shimmery neutrals, purples, blues, greens, coppers, and even some underwater blues. Gorgeous, right? There is something so beautiful about this eyeshadow palette. The combination of bright colours with those softer shades? So stunning. I love that you can create some really bold looks, glamorous looks, and feminine looks. There is a lot of versatility here. (Always a good thing.) Something to keep in mind is the finish. If you are a fan of matte shadows...skip this palette. Every single shadow has a shimmery or glittery finish. This is something I personally really love. But with the matte trend taking over? It is important to factor in the finish before you pick this up for yourself.

Okay....gorgeous shades? Check. Versatility? Check. So, how is the pigmentation? This is hit or miss. Certain shades are super soft, pigmented, and easy to use. Others do not have the same colour pay off. For me this is a little disappointing. I like when a palette is consistent throughout. In my opinion, each shadow should have the same texture, blendability, and pigmentation. That being said? I do really enjoy this eyeshadow set. There are some really gorgeous shades. Ones that are not anywhere else in  my makeup collection. (My personal favourite is that shimmery lilac shade. How perfect will that be once we hit spring? Love!) My goal is to use this palette more and more as the weeks go on.

This is one of my favourite looks thus far. I used that gorgeous copper shade all over the lid and added a hint of that grey-blue to the crease. Take a look and let me know what you think!


Shopping my stash? It will take some getting used to. As a total product junkie, I am always after the latest and greatest. But for now....what I already own will more than do the trick. This Stila palette is a prime example. There are some gorgeous shades and fun colour combinations.

What do you think of this palette? Are you shopping your stash?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment <3
    amazing colors!

    www.pinkie-love-forever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe expensive makeup are a must if we want quality makeup and of course they're safe for our skin!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look! Every year I post a Blog Sale and sale sometimes up to $500 worth of makeup, especially if you have Mac and post the sale in the Mac online community of Mac Collectors, you can command up to $$$ for some items. http://maccosmetics.livejournal.com is the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. corrected link http://mac-cosmetics.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shades :) Wonderful post..Keep In touch dear..
    Rampdiary/Bridal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, a beautiful palette...the shades are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great palette dear!! Love the shades! :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  8. This palette is super cute the colors are wonderful thanks for share with us darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that colour palette is so beautiful
    And the way you havedone your makeup wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a shame that the shades pigmentation arent consistent. I LOVE its packaging – i saw it first from zoella and ever since then im so tempted to get one for myself.
    Good luck on your shopping ban. Together we can do this!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your make up look and I agree to you sometimes its hard resist to shopping new stuff :D Followed you on blog http://mylittleparadiseinthiscrazyworld.blogspot.ba/2016/02/lovely-day-with-yoins.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. your makeup is amazing
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...I love the high brand makeup, but the price doesn't always mean quality!!! I try to buy less products, often I don't use them!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that palette is gorgeous. I'm trying to use what I've already got as well because I'm trying to spend less money these days that's for sure!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love that palette you've got on here!

    ReplyDelete