Saturday, November 28, 2015

perfume is the most intense form of memory.


My weakness? Perfume. When it comes to makeup and beauty products I tend to have far more than I need. That typically results in conversations with myself about needing to buy less. Oddly enough, I have never had that conversation in regards to perfume. I am not sure why. I probably should, to be honest! At this point, I have run out of room to properly store it all. My shelves are jam packed with different scents. But here is the thing about perfume: it is magical.

Not only does it look beautiful in the bottle and smell incredible...but it also takes you back. One whiff can remind me of a special day, a special person, and a special time. Perhaps that is the reason I keep adding more to my collection. I am looking for scents to capture those picture perfect moments. The latest on my shelf? Nicole by Nicole Richie. 

Every now and again I stumble upon discounted perfume. (Thank goodness for good sales!) Those are good days. That is exactly how I ended up purchasing Nicole without even smelling it first. Okay.....that is a bit of a gamble. But I can rarely resist a good price and a new perfume. Thankfully that gamble paid off big time. The scent is absolutely incredible. It is ultra sophisticated, a little musky, and extremely luxurious. This is the perfect addition for an interview, a nice dinner, or a special event. And since the holiday season is all about meeting up with friends and attending work events, I know this will come in handy.

As you can see from the picture above, the bottle is just as sophisticated as the scent. It is elegant, glamorous, and downright beautiful. This is the kind of perfume you feel proud to display. The kind that you want to show off. I give kudos to Nicole Richie for not only creating a sophisticated and grown up scent but one that does not skimp on design.

Overall, I was incredibly impressed with this perfume. The scent is beautiful and the bottle is breathtaking. The best part? Every time I wear it, I feel strong, powerful, and feminine. That is the sign of a great fragrance.

Have you tried this perfume? What do you think of the bottle?

xo Shannon

6 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that bottle,its so beautiful
    Would love to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am perfume freak I have to take a look on that :D please follow me on gfc if you didnt http://mylittleparadiseinthiscrazyworld.blogspot.ba/2015/11/promtimescouk.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful bottle...

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too, Shannon, lol. Nope, I haven't tried this one, yet.Hope you have a glorious day.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete