Friday, October 30, 2015

when pumpkins glow by midnight.


Who doesn't love holidays? They can be an awful lot of fun. Halloween is one of those holidays that just makes you smile. There are costumes, parties, and candy. What could be more exciting? Normally I don't do a whole lot on the day itself. Watch Halloween movies, nibble on some chocolate, and hang out with my family. Honestly? I like it that way! Every now and then I throw on a costume and hit up a club or party....but a movie night is my idea of a perfect Halloween.

This year I will be doing something very different. No movies or candy for me. One of my friends is actually getting married. Yes, on Halloween! It is a costume free night however. So that means no Halloween fare. Does it make me sad? A little. But I am ridiculously excited to see someone I love tie the knot. I know it will be a truly special day.

Since many of the holiday traditions will be off my radar this year, I wanted to do an inspiration post of sorts. More for my own benefit than anything else. But hopefully you will enjoy it, too! These are a few of the Halloween pictures I have been loving lately.


Halloween is a magical time. Ghosts, goblins, and zombies roam the earth. Or at least costumed versions of them! I hope you all have an amazing night tonight....whatever you have planned!

How are you celebrating Halloween?

xo Shannon

14 comments:

  1. I love the fotos. More, please, hihi
    Kiss, cleo
    www.creativschreiben.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you love it! Have an awesome (and Halloweeny!) day today :)

      Delete
  3. Here in Italy I think to be the only adult that love and celebrate Halloween. Halloween for me is not a day but a mood ^__^
    Happy Halloween Shannon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you celebrate it despite anyone else! Hope your Halloween mood lasts :)

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post. :)
    I really like the pictures. :)
    xx, Anna Lea
    http://growingcircles.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pumpkin photos! Happy halloween!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your friend:) And can I just tell you how much I love the Pumpkin Cupcake from Bath and Body? It makes me hungry every time I use the hand sanitizer version:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween wedding, very cool! I'm sad to have to take my Halloween decorations down x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool - I hope it was fun! Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I just love all the Fall décor and fun activities! And my idea of a fun Halloween is the same as yours :)

    ReplyDelete