Monday, December 29, 2014

the things we lose have a habit of coming back again.


Can you believe it? Christmas is over. This always makes me feel kind of sad. The build up to Christmas is so beautiful and special....but it manages to go by so quickly that I am always a little blue when once the holiday season has come to an end. There is still New Years Eve to look forward to, but nothing is quite as magical as Christmastime. I for one, will be counting down the days until next year! The music, the movies, the lights, and the memories are always perfect.

If you couldn't tell, I am back from my mini-break. As much as I love blogging, it was nice to get away for a little bit, unplug, and just focus on being with the people I care about most. Did you unplug this holiday season? I did my best to ignore work emails, turn my phone on silent, and just experience each and every moment. It is so easy these days to get caught up in deadlines and the immediacy of our phones, tablets, and all the rest. That makes the Christmas season the perfect excuse to step away from it all.

My holidays were absolutely wonderful. It started off very early in the morning and didn't stop until very late at night. And then there was the annual tradition of boxing day shopping the next morning. To say the last several days have been busy would be an understatement....but I wouldn't change it for anything. I will definitely update you on my holidays, bring you makeup reviews, hauls, and more this week. For now, I just wanted to pop in, say hello, and reminisce on the days past.

So, fill me in. How were your holidays? What did you do to celebrate? And are you ready to get back into the swing of things?

xo Shannon

13 comments:

  1. Lovely post :) I feel that Christmas came and went really quickly too :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Shannon. Yes it's somehow unbelievable that Christmas is over, tomorrow is NYE, just a couple of hours and we can say Hello 2015.
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year, Shannon ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. qui in Italia si mangia in famiglia per tutte le feste! baci cara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely post! I get you, it really is kind of sad when all the excitement about christmas is over :)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Christmas is over either! 2014 flew by soo fast, can't believe tomorrow is NYE! I wish you and your loved ones nothing but good things and love during 2015! Best, CD. ican'taffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you!
    Christmas is my favorite time of year and I feel so nostalgic now that it's over.
    Beautiful picture!


    xo, Elsa
    Mix & Match the F word

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year 2015 ! :)
    www.blog017.blogspot.com
    Kisses from Poland ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!! Wish you all the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I love blogging, it was nice to get away for a little bit, unplug, and just focus on being with the people I care about most.
    hairstyle Ideas
    tutorial hijab cantik
    hairstyle galleries

    ReplyDelete