Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fight Stress at Your Yoga Studio


Hi guys! I just wanted to take a minute to introduce today's guest post: It is all about yoga. Yoga is something I've had an interest in for a while now. Though I'm certainly not flexible, I love the idea of relaxing and focusing your mind and body. I've tried doing some of the poses at home - but I've never gone to an actual yoga class...it is definitely on my to-do list! I hope that you enjoy this guest post: 


Stress can affect nearly every aspect of your life, from your weight and health to your overall happiness. It can even make you less productive at home and work. It can also lead to heart disease, stomach problems, and much more. Deep-breathing meditation and intense stretching techniques can help you quickly relieve stress in a healthy, natural manner. Your Portland yoga studio can help you to release your stress, focus on the positive things in life, and so much more.

Lose Weight

While helping you achieve a clearer mind and spirit, regularly practicing yoga can also help you achieve a leaner, more toned body. Yoga is a great low-intensity workout, which can help you to lose weight over time. Stress can also make you gain weight, especially around the belly, so fighting stress in a natural manner can help you to more easily lose weight. Yoga can also help you improve your flexibility and balance.

Stretch from Home

During your next yoga session, try to remember some of the stretches and attempt to replicate the breathing exercises from home. This will help you to further the benefits experienced during the class. Whenever you are experiencing severe stress or anxiety, make sure to breathe deeply and focus on relaxation and clearing your mind. If possible, try to set some time aside at least several times per week to just relax and focus on positive things that make you happy.

Call Your Yoga Studio

Most yogis find that Ashtanga, Satyananda, and Hatha yoga classes are the best choices for those who just want to get a good stretch or deep-breathing session. Make sure to listen to your body and don’t push yourself too hard. Achieving a deep, meaningful stretch is the purpose of yoga, but it is important that you don’t push past the point that you feel comfortable.

Call your local Portland yoga studio to determine what classes they offer and which one can help you to most easily, quickly relax. Look for a class that has stress relief and deep breathing in mind, above all else.


Do you practice yoga? What do you love most about it?

xo Shannon

33 comments:

  1. I've started about two weeks ago, mostly to help me cope with the stress... But def to help me with weight loss too.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried it, but I would be curious to. :):X

    http://the-may-day.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love yoga!! i relax a lot with yoga! ;)))
    if u have pleasure honey come to see my new post….

    NEW POST: http://honeyandcotton.org/2013/10/17/the-8-things-that-i-usually-do-in-one-day-le-8-cose-che-faccio-in-una-mia-giornata-tipo/
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    g+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of Yoga! Its a great stress-buster for me. When I was pregnant, the prenatal Yoga exercises helped me a lot in keeping fit. Loved the post!

    Have a great day. Hop over to my blog when you have time.

    ~
    Seepz
    That Sassy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this post! So inspiring!
    I am such a huge fan of yoga, one of my favourite hobbies :)
    Hope you have a fantastic day
    Lots of love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love yoga! I'm just doing the basics and been wanting to do some more to make my body flexible. Lol. It's totally fun and relaxing.

    www.talarobinos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to make time to do yoga again. I used to do pilates and I really enjoyed it. thanks for the motivation!

    MI VIVERE .


    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so important! And I'm glad you talked about Yoga. I really need to go to that this weekend

    ~Dale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still didn't try Yoga yet but it's on the list
    Thanks for remind me how important
    xx, Malena
    You can check my blog on:
    www.Fashioncontainer.com
    Fashioncontainer Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to LOOOOVE doing Yoga in college. It really makes me feel at peace. I should get back into it :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yoga is definitely something I've been wanting to get into for quite some time now. However never having been a big sports or workout kind of person I've found it pretty hard to commit too. What do you love most about yoga? :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great post! I love doing yoga, I always feel so happy and refreshed after a class :)
    xoxo
    2 Girls and a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love yoga, did hot yoga for over 2 years and i miss so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't done yoga in such a long time but this makes me want to again!
    This is a really great post :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    Ohhh by the way we have a great Stolen Girlfriends Club giveaway on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post!I wanna start to do it!kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab post! I love yoga, its so so relaxing! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i fell in love with your blog! you are a great writer :D fashion blog miriam stella

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to start doing yoga again, it is the best!

    http://goldengilt.blogspot.com/
    Check out my blog for great posts on Interior Design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i never tried yoga but it does sounds like its excellent for body&soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome post! Loooove yoga!
    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really need to get back to yoga. Cute post xx

    http://youmeandthekingdom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Интересный пост!!

    http://beautyselective.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to start practising yoga, I hope it will help for my stres.

    I hope you will visit my blog:

    http://www.perfection-and-harmony.blogspot.com

    and maybe follow if U like

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice post! i love yoga, it helps me stay fit and full of enerygy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow , I love it <33 X Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love sports - especially workout and yoga! really helps you become a healthier and better person! Go for it! Merci for your lovely comment on my Blog - hope you‘ll come back soon and check out my newest Post about some seriously amazing pocket-watches from „Candy&Grace“ ♡Love, Kyra
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! I think you should definitely go and take a class ;) I do it regularly for over a year now and I love it. I can be exhausting, relaxing, stretching and even muscle building at once (our teacher's got a six pack and is hot!), totally like it! xoxo Nini

    ReplyDelete