Sunday, May 27, 2012

there are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.


It has always been my dream to write. Specifically, to become a novelist. This is an art form I dream about, struggle with, and constantly work on. My dreams were vague until I finished my internship just before Christmas. It was that experience that made me realize just how badly I wanted to write professionally.

Suddenly, things feel like they are starting to come together in my life. The last couple of weeks have been hectic - wonderful, but hectic. I've been working and attempting to maintain some sort of social life, I've been writing non-stop as I complete freelance work, and have been editing the second draft of my novel.

There is another busy week ahead of me.

I am determined to balance everything. I want to make the most of every moment and each opportunity.

Finally, I see the future I want for myself. I plan to go after it with everything I am.

15 comments:

  1. Well that sounds quite ambitious :) But good luck with your novel and your life Shannon.. wish you the best of luck :D
    xoxo, Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing news!Congratulations dear!Hoe to fulfill all your ambitions!!

    mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck :D That's my dream too, so I'll eagerly be reading your progress!

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck..:) those are amazing news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....that's really fantastic love!
    Best wishes moving forward with the completion of your novel...and all of your freelance work!!! seriously, that's great!!
    it's surreal when things start falling in place and coming together...and it's so exciting that it's happening for you!!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes!!!Totally go for it Shannon.Do your dream, I'm happy for you :)
    I have a fabulous giveaway.Please join here:
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/giveaway-time.html

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, very inspirational, I loved writing at university,:) great post :) I hope you will follow my blog

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. grat post dear¡¡ I love it¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on chasing your dream! Can't wait to hear more about your novel.
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up!! One day we'll be reading your novel saying "Remember when we met her as a blogger?"

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post honey,goodluck with everything<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! I couldn't agree more. life is definitely about learning and growing. i also try to do the same everyday. just be productive and do what you love! positive energy~ <3

    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete