Sunday, July 31, 2011

i'm running, i'm scared of breathing, cause i adore you.

I am obsessed.

In the last 48 hours, I have listened to the same song 153 times.

The culprit? A cover of the 2011 Eurovision winning song, "Running Scared" .... by Scott and Katelyn MacIntyre. Anyone who knows me will immediately understand the obsession.

You probably know Scott MacIntyre as a Top Ten Finalist from Season 8 of American Idol. From that first audition (and high five) to "Running Scared," Scott has been a big part of my life. To say I am a fan would hardly scratch the surface. There is a magical quality to Scott's voice that never ceases to thrill me. His music revives my soul.

Katelyn MacIntyre, his younger sister, is just as remarkable. The entire MacIntyre family is brimming with talent. (If you have listened to the MacIntyre Family Singers, you already know this!) It is wonderful to hear how much Katelyn's voice has developed. She is breathtaking. Pairing up with her older brother on this track is nothing short of musical genius.

Outside, rain assaults my bedroom windows. Thunder bellows angrily. Lightening displays dominance. Ash-coloured clouds dominate the sky. I am safe, however, under the cover of this moment: me and a song.

Whoever your Scott MacIntyre is, take a few minutes and listen to something that inspires you today.



No comments:

Post a Comment